It's been a while since I did a writing update, but that's because I haven't done much writing. I had a busy June and early July preparing for the publication of my second novel. Comes with an Attitude* is a modern Pride and Prejudice retelling about an obstinate and headstrong alt-rock singer and a proud and grumpy pop superstar.
After publication, I could finally start working on my next project: an urban fantasy novel that I started back in 2021. I've been slowly re-outlining that book, and now I'm ready to start writing and editing the second draft. I've written two blog posts about the outlining process, one covering the start of the process and the second on making a plot grid and scene outlines.
To kick off the editing process, I decided to have a little staycation writing retreat. I visited Suomenlinna Fortress and had a lovely day in three museums and a few cafés. For the writing portion of the retreat, I shut myself in my bedroom and started working on the text. Thanks to all the meticulous outlining, I should be able to edit two chapters a week and be done with the second draft by the end of November.
You can see more about my recent adventures in my latest writing vlog:
* Amazon affiliate link. As an Amazon affiliate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
No comments:
Post a Comment